Ann Arbor Dentist - Ann Arbor Dental Office
Comfort and convenience are the hallmarks of Craig L. Blogin, D.D.S.'s office operations. To ensure your convenience, below is the information you need about our hours, location, appointment scheduling, insurance acceptance and billing.
Craig L Blogin, DDS, PLC
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
We make scheduled appointments for dental treatment to help our office prepare for your arrival in advance, making the most efficient use of the time that you spend with us.
There is typically one day a week reserved for administrative tasks, continuing education, or maintenance. We are available for phone calls that day. Please check our calendar for these days.
You can schedule an appointment by calling our office at  975-6700. Gina can help to find a time in our schedule that fits into your busy day. Please make all attempts to plan ahead, so you can schedule a time when you know you are available. Allow yourself an extra cushion of time, in case your procedure takes a bit longer than planned. We would rather have the time to do a complete job and explain your situation without rushing to meet a time limit.
We realize that unforeseen circumstances arise. Illness and schedule changes can occur. Please call as soon as you realize that you cannot keep your appointment. That way we can arrange for someone else to use your allotted time. Please call at least two business days prior to your appointment to reschedule, if possible. A charge may be assessed for missed appointments or those cancelled at the last minute.
We keep a record of the type of appointments we have completed and recommendations for follow up care. Our computer system lets us know if you have further needs for treatment. It will also let us know to remind you when you are due for a recare [cleaning] appointment. Gina will send out a card or telephone everyone who wishes to be reminded.
New Patient Appointments
We are always available to see new patients to our practice. Half the fun of coming to work is visiting with our patients. It is always a pleasure to meet and get to know new individuals. There are a few types of initial visits we can consider. The first is for a routine check up. This is for someone who has seen a dentist regularly and has no immediate concerns. Another type of visit is an appointment for a comprehensive exam. This is for someone with several concerns, extensive problems with their teeth, or for someone who has not seen a dentist in a long time. An emergency appointment may be appropriate if there is a particular concern that needs immediate attention.
We encourage you to obtain copies of previous dental records for review at our office. This is best completed prior to your first visit. This will provide us with valuable information to evaluate the past and present condition of your mouth. We may be able to avoid repeating part of the exam process if you can provide recent records.
The best way to prevent an emergency is through preventive care. We can assess your situation and come up with a plan to maintain your teeth in a trouble free condition. With that said, there are times when an unexpected problem occurs. We try to reserve some time for these situations each day. We will do our best to see you on the same day, especially if you are having pain or swelling around your mouth. If swelling is so severe that it is affecting your vision or breathing, please go immediately to the emergency room for medical attention. Please call as early in the day as possible. There may be some need to work you in to our schedule, please be patient and we will try to accommodate as much as possible. Our office staff does not like to leave people suffering from dental pain. If there is any way we can make some time available, Gina will do it!
Dr. Blogin is available after hours to help with emergency situations for patients of record. The office message system can provide telephone numbers where Dr. Blogin can be reached.
Insurance and Billing
We accept most traditional insurance plans, contact our office to verify acceptance of your plan. Craig Blogin, D.D.S. does not participate in Health Management Organizations; however, we will be happy to file your insurance claims for you. We accept checks, cash or credit cards. We also offer a flexible payment plan. Please see our Financial Coordinator for details. We are happy to file insurance for your reimbursement as long as you are free to choose your own dentist.
Cash, check, MasterCard, VISA, Discover
We appreciate payment at the time that dental services are provided. For your convenience, we accept cash, personal checks, Visa, Master Card, and Discover cards. For established patients we can make individualized financial arrangements for more extensive treatments. Many of our patients enjoy the benefits of dental insurance coverage. Gina can provide you with assistance in understanding your plan. Once we receive your written authorization, we can verify your specific dental coverage and review this information with you. Once your dental insurance has been verified, we will submit the necessary forms to your insurance carrier. We are able to receive payment directly from many plans. [until we have dental insurance verification, payment in full for any charges will be necessary]. Please try to remember that no dental insurance company will pay 100% of the charges for every procedure. Our staff will help to estimate the portion of the charges which are to be paid by the patient. It is your responsibility to make a payment for any deductible, co-pay, or remaining balance not paid by your insurance carrier.
New Office Features
Our new office incorporates several updates to allow us to provide dental care in the safest, most efficient and comfortable manner possible. We hope to improve the work environment for our staff and make the visits of our patients less stressful. These changes were incorporated into our design as a result of learning our needs over several years of practice, investigating recent high tech products now available, and consulting with dental design professionals.
- It starts with the water supply; we have a specialized dental water purifier for the whole office which filters and sterilizes our water; it is stored in a sealed system which is unable to grow a biofilm for the attachment of bacteria
- We now have wrapped, metal cassettes for more secure sterile instrument storage
- Instruments begin the cleaning process in an industrial dishwasher for disinfection, eliminating the use of an ultrasonic cleaner, which is unpleasant for employees to handle
- Our sterilizer is a new generation steam autoclave, designed to quickly and automatically process instruments, allowing retrieval of dry, wrapped, sterile items for immediate use or storage
- On site laundry for employee safety apparel
- Filtration and retrieval of all metallic particles from waste water- we don’t pollute
- No use and therefore no need to dispose of toxic chemicals from radiograph processing- we use digital radiography
- In office communication and alarm system for security of employees and safety of patients in medical emergencies
- Workspaces designed with the latest ergonomic standards utilized
- All areas designed to improve workflow, making our tasks more enjoyable to accomplish
- Spaces designed for easier compliance with current OSHA standards
- Surfaces designed to have low maintenance, smooth, durable, easy to clean
High Tech Equipment
- Air abrasion- less invasive treatment of caries, usually no anesthetic, minimal drilling
- Digital radiography- reduced radiation, images that patients can see on the computer screen
- Digital shade system to transmit color images to our laboratory
- Computerized record keeping in all treatment rooms with online insurance processing
- Electronic systems for evaluating and performing Root canal treatments